cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
phoebus Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 8760w fingerprint reader doesn't like W10

EliteBook 8760w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop recently got a fresh installation of W10x64 and with a little help everything went well.  

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Drivers-missing-for-HP-EliteBoo...

"Well." Except the Validity Fingerprint reader (Validity Sensor VFS471, hardware ID USB\VID_138A&PID_003C&REV_0086). Since HP doesn't care about the support of their flaships after few years, there is no driver for this laptop designed for W10. Every driver I tried (picture below) was either ignored by Windows Hello (the reader wasn't recognized) or the Hello started, but the fingerprint texture in dialog box just flashed and didn't accept my finger. Current HP Client Security ignored each of them.

Drivers.png

How to sort it out? HP? Anyone?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation