Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RKHX Tutor
Tutor
13 0 6
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 - Mouse Pad not working in Windows 7 (64-Bit)

EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

We have a Folio 1040 G1 running Windows 7 (64-Bit) and the mouse pad has stopped working in windows.

If I boot into the BIOS then the mouse pad works there.

So I've uninstalled and re-installed the Synaptics software/drivers (sp75235.exe)   and still no luck.

Does the synaptics rely on other Windows 7 components that I may have to repair/reinstall?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
754 32 74
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 - Mouse Pad not working in Windows 7 (64-Bit)

Although if could be a h/w issue, you mention the touchpad works within the BIOS to point around the menus. I would encourage you to run HP SDM (www.hp.com/go/sdm) and update all hardware drivers and BIOS (BIOS needs to be done by itself). That should help with your issue. 

Do not install any other software suggested by SDM unless you know you use that particular tool

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation