cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
danmay
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Elitebook 2760p on a 2740p docking station

HP Recommended

I am having a weird problem where my docking station doesn't charge my battery. It will charge my battery when directly connected to the power source but will not charge the battery when connected to the ultra-slim base. Power is going through the base. If I remove the battery, I can run the computer on the docking station. When I put the dead battery back in and put it on the docking station the computer will not come on or charge. So either I can use the computer directly connected to the power source (no docking station) or with a full battery on the docking station. Can someone help with this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can click here for the link.

HP EliteBook 2760p Tablet PC Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
MrHotwire
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the EXACT SAME problem with my system. I also have the 2760p and a 2740p dock. Your problem exactly mirrors mine... Any help is appreciated. thank you.

0 Kudos
LeoC4
Level 1
6 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my 2760p on the 2740 docking station.  It appears that the problem has to do with a failing primary battery.  I have a replacement enroute and will let you know if that solves the problem.

I did notice that I could make the primary battery take a charge if I unplug and re-plug the power cord.

0 Kudos
MrHotwire
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had no luck, I even had the docking station apart and checked for issues. The battery DOES charge from the adapter, but not while on the dock... It wil hold a charge for a good 2 - 4 hours of use as well.

Please let me know what you find out. Thank you

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation