cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
maedhros
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Elitebook 8440p can't edir boot order

HP Recommended

Hi,

I need to set "Boot to network" AFTER the SSD, but it seems impossible, I've edited it many times, but as soon the changes are saved, it try to start again from the network instead of the SSD.

Other options seems to be saved, if I edit UEFI enabled/disabled, Prevent Data Execution, etc, these options are kept after the rebbot, but nothing affect the PXE or the boot order.

I've updated the BIOS to the last version, tried to edit after taking out the battery and pressing the on/off button (on other forum says a it might help), edit the BIOS whicle just connected through AC, Reset BIOS to factory default and afteward edit.

The TPM is reseted, the other option that I changed return to default, but the boot order can't be edit...

Someone get the same problem before?

Regards.

Franco

1 REPLY 1
hansentw
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem. I am trying to prevent it from booting to the network, but I cannot change the order. The changes I make are not saved.

Any ideas?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation