cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tazzydemon Tutor
Tutor
17 16 0 2
Message 21 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elitebook 8460p Windows 10 drivers.. when?

Sorry, its the one that says "unknown" in your image.

0 Kudos
egp1 Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 22 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't install HP connection manager, so bluettoth doesn't work for me ... any help?

Thanks

Megamoose Tutor
Tutor
9 9 0 2
Message 23 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update on upgrading to W10 for this old laptop:  It's now December, lots of updates to W10.  It looks like things have improved and I've been able to upgrade successively.

When I hit the upgrade key I decided to try it logged in as Administrator.  It then gave me a notice that HP ProtectTools suite (including the fingerprint reader) was not compatible.  (this after trying to upgrade as a regular user, no warning, and subsequent upgrade would once again just flash the screen when rebooting).  

After several attempts of upgrading, I have come to this sequence to make everything (almost everything) nice in the end:  before upgrading, while still in W7, remove all HP software except for the hardware related items: Hotkey support (Function Keys), Power Assistant, Connection manager, HP Product Detection, HP Quick Web, HP System Default Settings, HP Webcam and driver.  

W10 recognizes the fingerprint reader in Device Manager, but I have not been able to get it to work with Windows Hello.

The thing that allowed me to try upgrading over and over was using Acronis to clone my original hard drive to a new external hard drive.  I then swapped the drives, keeping the original untouched.  When something failed, I re-cloned the drive from the original.   Acronis is bullet proof!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kbpatel Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 24 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

I wnt to up grade my window 7 professional to window 10 in my hp laptop 8460p. I hard that till date hp not load any drivers for that.

when it is possible to up grade.

0 Kudos
mikel9mm Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can u tell how u fixed ya fingerprint scanner

0 Kudos
Megamoose Tutor
Tutor
9 9 0 2
Message 26 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apparently my previous update didn't get saved:  I have been able to get the fingerprint reader to work.  In fact, everything works now with the latest version of W10.   The main thing to do is to remove almost all HP software while still in Windows 7 before upgrading.  The only thing to keep are the HP Hotkey Support (special function keys) and HP System Default Settings.   I recommend logging in as an administrator to uninstall all the HP software (bloatware).

The biggest problem is the HP Security Essentials.  This has been replaced by HP and is now called HP Client Security Manager available here:  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6893667&swItemId=vc_158160_1&swEnvOid=415...

Windows Hello does not work as this fingerprint scanner works at a deeper level than normal consumer grade laptops.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
alexlaird87 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the exact same issue last year. I tryed again yesterday and it seems that W10 is stable. Intel have also released new W10 compatible drivers which should fix the internet issue. If you do update make sure to check your firewall as mine was blocking all traffic until I reinstalled it.

This driver works for the VFS471 fingerprint reader with Windows 10: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

0 Kudos
kbpatel Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 28 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I install Windows 10
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation