cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email reset

I had a family member die. And I don't know the email password used to log into the computer. What can I do to start using the computer again. I can't get it to go into the factory reset mode.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
5 5 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email reset

To perform a factory reset, please check out this tutorial:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Or follow this article to reset the unknown Microsoft email account password:

http://www.chntpw.com/reset-forgotten-microsoft-account-password-windows-10-8/

Hope these info will help!

[Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping. Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.]

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email reset

Its a yahoo password and id  used. everytime i try to press f11 it goes to fast. its almost like the keyboard isnt working.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,390 2,242
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Email reset

Hi @abarner08,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand you are stuck on the Windows login password screen and you are unable to perform a factory reset due to keyboard issue, don't worry, though, as I have a few suggestions which should help to resolve your concern,

Perform a Hard Reset on the Notebook and follow the steps suggested here:

Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution:

Let us guide you through the solution

Microsoft account

Reset your Microsoft account password online. You can reset your password on any device connected to the Internet.

See the Microsoft password reset page (in English) to reset your password.

Local account

Use one of the following options to reset the password for your local account.

* If you have created a password reset disk, use the disk to reset your password. See Reset your local user account password using a password reset disk.

* If you do not have a password reset disk, you may be able to reset the password from a different administrator account. See Changing the local user account password from another user account.

* If you are not able to access the account see Accessing your account when no other option is available.

If you need help determining the type of account you set up on the computer, continue to Which type of account did you create?

For more details: Click here

If for some reason, the keyboard does not work, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation