Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Enabling Intel VT-x through BIOS with an EliteBook 840

HP Recommended
EliteBook 840
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have lately been trying to enable Intel VT-x through the BIOS on my laptop. I have looked into a lot of different questions and videos into how to do it and it seems to work, except for one thing. The BIOS that pops up on my computer is completely different than others. Many people note that at the top you have three tabs; File, Security, and System Configuration. For me, I have Main, Security, and Advanced with only a handful of options and none seem to lead me to my objective. 

Perhaps I just havn't been looking in the right area, or am completely missing a step. If anyone knows more information on how I get to the correct BIOS screen (or if you need more information), feel free to reply. 

Thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation