cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Prana199 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 15-J112TX Hinge Broken (Causing Bottom to "Pop" Off)

Envy 15-J112TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So in short, I am sick and tired of HP. Impossible to get a hold of and I have given up on them. I have been forced to source other technicians to continuously fix the problem, however there is 100% a defect in the design because the bloody left hinge keeps breaking and causing the bottom to pop off all the time! Now it has cost me the breakage of my system fan so I can't use my computer at all. I, myself, am studying to be a lawyer and my family has 3 lawyers which 2 of them have the exact same problem. We are going to be suing HP for products liability. It is completely unacceptable that I have to keep paying money for a defect in HP's design and then not be able to get a hold of HP's support. And then be forced to fork out money out of my own pocket to fix the **bleep** laptop. Do you recommend any place that can fix my computer and is there some king of secret to permanently fixing this coz I am about done with this laptop! I am not going to continue to pay $200 each time this thing breaks which is every few months. Absolutely poor from HP!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 3156 51 154
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
Prana199 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mate, I am even more infuriated, I still haven't got any response from anyone about my problem! I am going to suing for product liability, this is just unacceptable. You say I will be contacted, and its been over a week. HP is an aboslute joke!

0 Kudos
bryan016 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand your frustration. My envy 15 also broke at the left hinge and was popping off the bottom plastic. I'm also in graduate school and currently don't have the money or time to wait on HP to fix the problem. So I no longer close my laptop. Instead it stays open all of the time, so basically my laptop is now a stationary desktop. It is ashame because I paid $1000.00 for this computer and everything inside runs great but the casing for these computers are horrible design flaw.

The part you need is about 150.00 or at least that is what HP quoted me last month. It sounds like the hinge and plastic bottom piece caused the wire connecting to the fan to come undone. My advice? Do what I did, open the laptop up by taking out the screws on the bottom and see if you can operate on the computer connecting the wire back in place and adjusting the hinge back into place. However, once you do this, do not close the laptop again because the hinge will just pop out he plastic bottom again. Best of luck. This is the only solution I have found to work that doesn't involve giving HP more money for a already flaw design. After all, why would I pay more money for something that is only going to break again in a few months. Such ashame, I really did like this laptop until it broke.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation