Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sean139 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 17-j070ca Case separating at left hinge

Envy 17-j070ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have had this laptop for approximately a year now, and noticed a while ago that the left hinge seemed to be sitting a bit lower than the right hinge when the laptop is open.  Not too long after, the issue got worse and more obvious as the case now separates whenever the hinge is used. The case closes up again once the laptop is shut.  I have noticed that some of the plastic inside has broken and screws have come loose, as I can occasionally hear fragments being tossed around by the fan.  Some small screws and small pieces of plastic have even fallen out of the side of the laptop by turning it on its side while the casing is separated.  This makes me wish I hadn't strayed from Lenovo's laptops...

Would HP be able to fix/replace this for me?  How long would it take?  How much would it cost, if anything?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
17456 12870 244 971
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sean139 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Sean139 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, kevin-t!

0 Kudos
DerickR Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I Have the same issueandnowicantfold it because the bottom part exposes, please help

0 Kudos
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 3156 51 154
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation