Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
m_spoon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy DV7 start up problems.

So I custom ordered this HP Envy DV7 a few weeks ago and just got it in the mail last monday. No problems at all, except for one. When it's off and I press the power button to turn it on, it sounds like everything internal is starting but the screen is just black. I figured out that if I turn it back off and unplug all USB devices from and turn it back on, it starts no problem. Now this is a bit annoying. Can anybody tell me why, and is tehre a way I can leave everything plugged in and get it to start normally? I have a Logitec wireless mouse plugged in, and a Targus cooling matt with it's own USB ports that have a HP 1051 printer and iogear smart card reader plugged into it.

2 REPLIES
m_spoon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found somewhat of a solution. As long as I leave my smart card reader unplugged it starts up find, not sure why it messes with the start up, but whatever.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
53 0 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What model do you have? After having my Pavillion dv-7 (6b32us) in for repair 4x and still not working right, they are sending me a new laptop (dv-7 7243cl). I'd like to know what you think about it & Windows 8 in general.

thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation