Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy M6 x360 w105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have just bought this notebook and I searching on google i noticed it has an internal M.2 port next to the HDD, and in this hp official manual it mentions M.2 SSS support, but not for this specified model.

How do i check compatibility ? (mostly with BIOS). It would be awesome if i could add a SSD without loosing the 1TB hdd.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi , Thank you for making me curious to find answers :

You can check the document :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763031

2 - Chapter 1 Product description

Complete series of model between m6-w100 – m6-w199 is supported with 

Single HDD conƭgurDtions ● 1-TB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-mm ● 750-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-mm (models with Intel 5th and 6th generation processors only) ● 500-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.0-mm

SSHD conƭgurDtions ● 500-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.0-mm SSHD w/8GB NAND

M.2 SATA-3 (NGFF): ● 256 GB, TLC

I checked with my team .

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi , Thank you for making me curious to find answers :

You can check the document :

2 - Chapter 1 Product description

Complete series of model between m6-w100 – m6-w199 is supported with 

Single HDD conƭgurDtions ● 1-TB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-mm ● 750-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-mm (models with Intel 5th and 6th generation processors only) ● 500-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.0-mm

SSHD conƭgurDtions ● 500-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.0-mm SSHD w/8GB NAND

M.2 SATA-3 (NGFF): ● 256 GB, TLC

I checked with my team .

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.

HP Recommended
Oh great! So I can install any size matchibg M.2 ssd? For example Samsung 850 M.2?
HP Recommended

Yes to be specific 

256-GB solid-state drive (SSD) 813081-001 part number 

Page number 32 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am looking to add an SSD to my Envy x360 , specific product # W2K44UA#ABA. It currently has a 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD, so it differs slightly from what I'm reading here.

I am confused as to whether I can just add an SSD alongside the HDD, or if I can only REPLACE the HDD with an SSD. Also, is it the same part number 813081-001 mentioned herein?

REG

HP Recommended

Samsung EVO SATA-3 250GB M.2 SSD is not being detected by my Hp Envy x360

m6-w105dx... so I will say No... Not every SATA-3 SSD m.2 is compatible with this model.. unless People @ HP says specifically it is....

Hope this reach you in time... before you buy a suposed compliant but not recognized ssd like I did 😞

HP Recommended

I should have said : It didn't worked for me.... maybe I'm doing something wrong but I cant make Samsung evo Sata-3 M.2 250 SSD work,  It is not even recognized y BIOS .

consider doing a little research before using this EVO drive from samsung.. i willcheck if it could be recognized in another system and post back here if I have any news.

HTH

regards

ALe

HP Recommended

I quite literally have my m6 w105dx open and there is indeed a slot next to the HDD but there is no apadtor to install the m.2 its the right size width nd has the screw hole to secure it, but the actual plug in adaptor is not there. so it appears Ill being upgrading the entire hdd to ssd.  unless im missing something. 

HP Recommended
I want to install a m.2 ssd on my HP Envy X360 m6-w103dx. I came to know that not every m.2 ssd is not compatible with this laptop. Guys can you please help me out?
https://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-240GB-256GB-Solid-Bullet/dp/B01BO4IUS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14...
Will this be compatible with my laptop? Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

@RichieFromBosto wrote:

I quite literally have my m6 w105dx open and there is indeed a slot next to the HDD but there is no apadtor to install the m.2 its the right size width nd has the screw hole to secure it, but the actual plug in adaptor is not there. so it appears Ill being upgrading the entire hdd to ssd.  unless im missing something. 

Very late reply, but I don't think you're missing anything. I have mine open now too (x360 m6 w105dx), and see the same thing. The adapter to install an M.2 drive just isn't there. Bummer as I'd already purchased a SATA M.2 drive.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.