cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 11 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 Bluetooth/8.1 Issues

I can give it a try, but probaly won't have time to do it until the weekend

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,944
Message 12 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pacman1

Sure, we'll have to give it time and identify it.
May be Microsoft may come up with a patch themselves if it is a problem with their Updates in the coming months.

Anyway please follow the suggestion given by me and let me know which KB number is causing this. Possibly you can hide that KB from installing also.

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 13 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update regarding bluetooth;

1) I disabled all Windows/and System power managment which seemed to have brought my  bluetooth back to life.

2) Device managment and disabled power management in both bluetooth and network device.  (Disabled system allowing device powersaving)

3) Used HP phone a friend and allowed them to take control, they  refreshed all drivers. Gave me a case number and all was good.  So I thought...

So here's what's going on now... My bluetooth has worked ever since, I turned off all power management.  However after I do shut my system down it doesn't recongnize my network drivers.  

I go into device manager, disable all network drivers (there are 3, and all related to bluetooth network) then I re enable them.  Wa La it sees the network and I have bluetooth.  

I do have to do this every time I turn my puter on. 

So is there something within the Intel bluetooth drivers?  They are now my only issue, and to disable and re enable is much easier than backing up all my data and restoring my machine.  If I have to do that I'm bringing it back, I didn't buy this PC to have it become a project.  I have enough of those with regards to my home network,  and all the devices on it.   I wanted a PC that I wouldn't have to do this and that with.  

I think Intel needs to figure out what the issues are with their drivers.

Highlighted
Level 15
Message 14 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This issue is being investigated, tested and trying to be replicated by the HP Engineers right now.

In the mean time, make sure you have the latest Bluetooth driver available from HP (Version 17.0.1422.2 D) - Softpaq SP68385.

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 15 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, mine doesn't have a D on it.
It's 17.0.1422.2
2014-05-30
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 16 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the one HP recommends to update:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-141261-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

It's for HP Envy x2 15 models I suppose.

For HP Envy x2 13, you could get latest one from your support page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 17 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No official communication yet from the Engineers.

Saw a suggestion from one of the members here:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Envy-x2-detachable-Bluetooth-keyboard/m-p/4931046

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 18 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft pushed a bunch of updates on my envy this week.    So far, since the updates, my bluetooth keyboard has been working normally.  I'll be sure to post if anything changes.

Highlighted
Level 15
Message 19 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback @pacman1 . Let's wait and see if the issue is resolved for others with this update.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 20 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am updated to the latest and greatest but my keyboard just disconnected again.

What I have gathered from my colleagues who use the same notebook, everybody who has NOT updated their device from taking it out of the box is not experiencing issues. However those who did started getting keyboard problems.

This could be really interesting for the support team to look into.
Out of box works fine, failures only after updates..
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation