Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 21 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I've backed up all data and have done a "refresh". Let Windows preform all updates.
Shut off all power options for Windows and system.
Nothing has changed.. (not true.. my network drivers now showw up under network drivers instead of bluetooth network drivers.
I still have to disable and re-enable to get my network connections back, but I haven't lost bluetooth.
Can anyone else disable and re enable to find all working?
I find it difficult to understand that there is only a few having this problem. In device manager can others fix by a disable an re enable in device manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,947
Message 22 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If none of the suggestions given above worked, this is the latest info I got from HP if you're still having the problem:

"We are still investigating the root cause.

At this time if any customers are still experiencing this issue they should contact HP Support for techical support and possible keyboard replacement / bench repair depending on what is found."

Regards

Visruth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 23 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I've tried a different keyboard and I get the same issue. A keyboard replacement won't work
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
6 6 0 6
Message 24 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great computer but the bluetooth issue is ridiculous.

I would be embarassed if I manufacured a computer and the keyboard did not work correctly.

HP coult fix this if they put their minds to it.

I just returned mine. That is the best way to get their attention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 25 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I had the same problem today.

My pc was infected with malware and could not get rid of it, so resolved to refresh the settings. After doing that, my bluetooth disappeared. Backlit keyboard could not work.

Looked everywhere to resolve the problems but could not find anything. Did not want to restore the pc , as i did not want the tedious process of saving my files.... etc. Then came across this guy saying to uninstall the bluetooth in device manager. I could see the bluetooth there but it says this device has stopped working and something to do with power blah blah blah... sorry i am not IT savvy so... does not mean a thing to me... therefore, i have this fear of touching anything i do not understand, afraid of losing my datas and causing more problems.

Then i looked through the file, there is a page stating that this device needs updating?!! So i took the risk of clicking update, and it asked to update automatically or manually. Since i know next to nothing about computers, i clicked auto.. It scanned the web for updates and lo and behold, my bluetooth is back and managed to paired the keyboard which i am now typing with!!!!

Hope this help some... good luck!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation