cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 21 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

Just a heads up to everyone experiencing this issue. New drivers for almost every component were released 3/27/15-4/9/15. After updating all of my drivers (including the new BIOS) and applying the latest Windows 8 updates, the issue seems to be resolved.

I had the same problem as many others - Bluetooth didn't even show up in device manager, so many of the proposed solutions, such as re-pairing, or disabling the network adapter, weren't really long term solutions - my guess is that something in the WIndows 8.1 updates I applied shortly after purchasing the system caused some sort of systemic issue that interfered with the Bluetooth radio.

I would recommend applying the updates in priority order: new Bluetooth driver, the Intel chipset driver, the B|OS, and then the rest of the drivers.  I manually applied each new driver, and then restarted the system.

This is the first time I have gotten it working since shortly after I purchased the 15 inch model almost 45 days ago. Although some of hte workarounds in the support forums temporarily solved the issue, it always reappeared.

I did this last night, and while it took some time, it does appear to be solved. If it reoccurs, I will update this entry in the forum.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,947
Message 22 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

@chrissaturley

Glad to know that latest updates solved the problem for you 🙂
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 23 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is nothing for that date for me in my update history and nonupdates available.
I am still experiencing the issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 24 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,

It won't be seen by the HP update app. You need to go directly to the product page on the HP website, and then to the driver download page.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send you the link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 25 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I scanned my computer from the HP support page and it jjust says:
No available updates for your product were found. Please select one of the options below to continue:

Also I have this link available, but the page does not load at all..:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-13-j000-x2-Detachable-PC/7277358/model/7547740/drivers?s...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,

Try the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-c000-x2-detachable-pc/7277326/model/74799...

Use the "Expand All" link at the top of the list, and you'll find that almost all of the drivers have been updated since 3/27/15.

Download the drivers of most interest first - specifically, all of the Intel Chipset, Network (which includes the new Bluetooth driver), and the BIOS.

I applied them all, however the categories above were of the most interest, given the problem.\

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 27 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing

ebay redemption code, ebay coupon code and more other coupons for saving
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 28 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would those drivers for the 15" be identical to the 13"? I keep trying to get to the page of the 13" but it's never accessible...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 29 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For me, when the connection between the tablet and keyboard is lost, there is no bluetooth option to select. And whether there is a bluetooth connection or not, there is never a power management tab. I have also manually updated all my drivers from the HP website, including bluetooth and BIOS drivers. Still, the keyboard loses connection randomly, which I find very disrupting. How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

worked like a charm - Thanks, but know I am wondering why that bluetooth device is even there?  the keyboard is the HP detachable back lit keyboard.  Should all the other bluetooth items be deleted unless one is a printer?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation