Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 1 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

Envyx2 15-c001dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Had an issue with my detachable keyboard losing bluetooth connection.  I then noticed when I would lose this connection and go to the device manager the bluetooth adapter would not show up.  This drove me nuts because it was not always happening at any specific time but randomly.  I would have to reboot a couple of times for it to come back then all would be good until the next time.  After almost two months of this I started to catch on that it would mainly do this when I was on battery power and when I hooked up to the power cord and reboot all would be fine.  I finally found the resolution on a Lenovo web site that has cured this issue.  Haven't lost connection yet and I have even tried to make it lose connection short of shutting it off.

1) Go to the Device Manager (Windows key + X)
2) Select Bluetooth and right click on your Bluetooth adapter (mine was Intel Wireless Bluetooth (R) 4.0).
3) Select Power Management tab.
4) Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off device to save Power."
5) Click on OK

I tried finding this on the hp.com site but never did so it would be nice if they would post it because I am sure others are having this issue on battery power.  Mine would almost instantly lose connection as soon as I unplugged from power and went to battery power so no doubt I am not the only one with this issue.
37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,947
Message 2 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

Nice catch. I'll confirm if this option is already unchecked in my HP Envy x2 15t that HP has provided me as product loan. I don't have the bluetooth problem you're facing though.

Kind regards

Visruth

Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 3 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!! Will try it out, as this has been very frustrating with me as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 4 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

Just found out this past weekend when I lost my connection again that when you reboot the system reselects this option so apparently I now have to find out how to make this a permenant selection.

Urgh...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 5 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I rebooted plenty of times and so far it's still checked
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 6 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David, that is the issue.  If the box is checked then the system is going to shutdown bluetooth to save the battery thus disconnecting the keyboard.  I don't want the system shutting off my bluetooth so I unchecked it but when I reboot the box is rechecked allowing the system to shutdown my bluetooth if I ever go to battery power.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 7 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh sorry that's what I meant, unchecked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,947
Message 8 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no problem like drop in Bluetooth connectivity in mine. The  "Allow the computer to turn off device to save Power" is always checked for me.

Have you updated the BIOS and Bluetooth drivers to the latest version the HP support page

Please read this before going in for BIOS Update.

Regards

Visruth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 9 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've let the support assistant run and I am now all at latest versions.

Now I'm experiencing issues where my wifi card stops working after going into sleep mode. I have to go in device manager, disable and re-enable it to work.. Power management is also unchecked for this. I tried both ways...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 10 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I have updated my drivers via HP twice now.  And with regards to the workaround..

# 2) Can't select Bluetooth if it's not an option.  And I have turned off all power managment.  

1) Go to the Device Manager (Windows key + X)
2) Select Bluetooth and right click on your Bluetooth adapter (mine was Intel Wireless Bluetooth (R) 4.0).
3) Select Power Management tab.
4) Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off device to save Power."
5) Click on OK

Maybe I got a bum unit. 
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation