cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 11 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

Refresh until it shows up. Mine showed up after like 10 reboots
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 12 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

Same here.  Once lost you have to reboot several times before Bluetooth shows back up in device manager.

BTW, I unchecked the box again and after several reboots it has stayed unchecked this time.  Not sure what happened before but will keep an eye on it just in case it decides to reselect the box and what might cause it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 13 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well speak of the devil... Bluetooth was working fine since yesterday afternoon and it just stopped working now..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,947
Message 14 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you guys updated BIOS and see if that makes any difference?

Which security software / firewall is installed? Could you temporarily disable all the antivirus/ firewalls and restart system to check if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 15 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes bios is updated to latest version. I don't recall this happening before the update but I haven't use dit much before.

I have no additional protection software so far. When my bluetooth doesn't work, my keyboard appears in device manager asunder universal serial bus controllers as
"unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 16 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had manually updated all the drivers but I had not done the BIOS update.  I just did and I also checked device manager afterwards and the box is still unchecked.

Hopefully the previous time was a fluke and this will stay unchecked and I can continue to use my bluetooth when I am on battery power.

Time will tell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 17 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mcavs

Can you follow my last suggestion in this thread and help in identifying the Windows Update possibly causing this:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Envy-x2-Bluetooth-8-1-Issues/m-p/4924772#M167471

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 18 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No official communication yet from the Engineers.

Saw a suggestion from one of the members here:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Envy-x2-detachable-Bluetooth-keyboard/m-p/4931046

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 19 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem but there is no power management tab when i follow the above instructions

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Message 20 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If none of the suggestions given above worked, this is the latest info I got from HP if you're still having the problem:

"We are still investigating the root cause.

At this time if any customers are still experiencing this issue they should contact HP Support for techical support and possible keyboard replacement / bench repair depending on what is found."

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation