Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 31 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

I am the original poster for this issue and after several months of searching and hoping HP would find a solution, the best I have been able to find is the following even though it does not 'cure' the overall issue.  After doing everything listed on this string and some I still lose my connection when I unplug and have to do the following:

1. Go to device manager.
  2. Under "Universal Serial Bus contollers" there is one device flagged with the message "unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)"
  3. Right click the device in #2 and uninstall.
  4. Click action-scan for hardware changes
  5. Now bluetooth is available.  Go to windows 8 settings-change PC settings-bluetooth
  6. Remove the HP keyboard (it says "paired" but still does not work
  7.  Make sure your keyboard has the BT light blinking and wait for the PC to discover it.  You can now pair.

I save these directions on my desktop for quick access because I will need to do this EVERY time I disconnect from power even though my bluetooth power mgmt is unchecked.  Sometime I don't have to do steps 6 & 7 but sometimes I do.

I really like this laptop and setup but am extremely disappointed with HP considering I am a 22 year and counting employee and I cannot get a resolution to my issue with my HP laptop. 

After November 1 when this company is split I wont feel as bad about going with another brand because I will be on the other side of the fence 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 32 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable keyboard kept losing bluetooth connection and adapter in device manager

I think the most frustrating part was that HP told me that they would not help me after my laptop was 3 months old.  I have given up with the keyboard because i'm not paying $5 a call or paying in bulk for unlimited tech support.  Cant believe they will not even stand behind their product for a year.  I'm going to buy a usb mouse/keyboard combo and just use that because I cannot find a solution and the phone tech's do something different every time because the same trick rarely works twice.

Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 33 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm unable to see all t the other replies so I can only let you know of what I experienced.
1st I had to go to device manager and remove bluetooth and and or network devices and reenable. That worked for me.
Once I decided I no longer wanted to work on daily basis to get my keyboard to work, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10.
I did that I had no more issues with my keyboard except I was no longer able to use my HP pen. Which was not an option. I backed out of the Windows 10 upgrade and keyboard continued to work great.
Advice: Tru Windows 10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 34 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The below is the only thing that seems to work for me.  I keep it in a Word doc on my desktop in case I need it but so far, so good, and it has been several months.

1. Go to device manager.
  2. Under "Universal Serial Bus contollers" there is one device flagged with the message "unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)"
  3. Right click the device in #2 and uninstall.
  4. Click action-scan for hardware changes
  5. Now bluetooth is available.  Go to windows 8 settings-change PC settings-bluetooth
  6. Remove the HP keyboard (it says "paired" but still does not work
  7.  Make sure your keyboard has the BT light blinking and wait for the PC to discover it.  You can now pair.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 35 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 seems to have solved my problem of "USB disappeared with error 43". I've been listening to a speaker bluetooth 2h smoothly (previously this was impossible without being plugged)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you assist me with pairing the keyboard. My son didn't follow the instructions from the beginnig.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 37 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04440423.pdf

Page 14

Mike

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 38 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my keyboard lost bluetooth connection a few times and would re-connect after following the instruction on  support assistant.  Now it is completely unresponsive and I cannot get any assistance on the HP site or even source the replacement keyboard.  I spent a lot of moneynto buy this computer just last year and now I feeled like I was hood-winked!  I am very upset!!!!!  

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation