cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Al1234567
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Erasing all data off my laptop

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion dm4
Windows

I sold HP Pavillion dm4 and I would like to erase all data on it. I saved what needed to be saved. I read other articles and I clicked in F11 however it is not working to bring me back to factory settings. F11 is a volume control. How do I erase data on this laptop. i would appreciate any helpful information. Thank you Ali

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,949 42,189 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the recovery media that you should have created by now to perform a factory image recovery. All volumes and data will be deleted from the notebook.

Press the power button and then tap the Esc key. In the startup menu press the F11 key to invoke the Recovery manager. If that does not work, then sometime in the past you may have inadvertently deleted the recovery partition.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation