Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,394 Views)

Eroor 0601

hi 

i have hp dv6-3127dx notebook  actually i 'm having problem with laptop since last week i have try all way which i know.

it's actully problem, is when we turn the power on its looks like it will work after couple seconds later, it will  go press the ESP for startup  menu and when we do that we can see there is couple options bios setting boot options and every thing except of safe mood.

when i press the F11 ( restore windows ) it won't work any thing  and i was tryed to set up new windows cd, dvd and flash drive with windows file it won't boot any thing .

and when i see the dignostic Eroor log 0601

i dont really find any thing

thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (1,373 Views)

Re: Eroor 0601

[ Edited ]

Hi Chiran,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion dv6-3127dx Notebook and getting a error 0601 on startup. Try performing a hard reset. When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. If that does not help try checking the RTC battery. It could be low and causing the Real Time Clock (RTC)to be incorrect. Here is a document to show you how to replace this.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,351 Views)

Thanks for your help, i did all those options which you told me, and i was replaced the bios battery today and tryied one more times still doesn't load.

try to install windows 7 from my usb drive and its says " Active Partition not Found "

i'm stopped again,,

thanks 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey Chiran,,

Here is a link to restoring the BIOS. The restore BIOS to default settings will get the Notebook to look for the HDD. If that does not help try to a hardware test.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation