Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RichardHill101 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Erratic fan

HP ProBook 430 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just purchased a nearly new ProBook 430 G3. Everything is working fine except the fan is behaving erratically. While idle the fan is off as expected, during intensive tasks the fan runs at full speed, again as expected. However while browsing the web, using Visual Studio etc the fan starts running but doesn't keep a constant speed. It constantly speeds up and slows down, its subtle  but noticeable.

I've used lots of laptops over the years and never seen this behaviour before. All the latest drivers have been installed along with the most recent BIOS.

Anyone know if all 430's do this or is mine faulty?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation