cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RogerMoreno
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Error 1005 when start Recovery disk from vista on Presario CQ60

HP Recommended

Hi goodafternoon

I bought a Compaq  Presario CQ60 (came with win Vista),   about 2 years ago, and when the first time that i run the  notebook, i made quickly the Recovery Disk dvd, but about some time (+/- 1 year)  the notebook start to freeze many times.

Then i thougth was better to recover with the factory default.

But when i started the recovery disk....it stopped at middle and appears an "Error 1005" in the screen.

Could anyone help me with that error ? Because i don't know what it means..

Thank you veru much

Roger

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,858
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Roger,

I believe this error relates to your Recovery DVDs so the best solution may be to contact HP and order a replace set of these discs.  You can order a set of replacement discs using the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334

Or if you wish to contact HP directly regarding this, try the following link.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

It may also be a good idea to run the following tests, just to make sure your Hard Drive and Memory are ok.

Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive and Memory.  Run the Hard Drive test first and if this passes, run the Memory test.

If you get any errors from the above test, post back.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation