cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alecz
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Error 43 on intel HD graphics card Elitebook 850 G1 Windows 10

HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

We are currently having problems after upgrading 3 laptops to Windows 10 Enterprise (clean install).

All the 3 models are Elitebook 850 G1 with Intel and AMD graphics cards, notebook has modelnr: H5G42EA#ABN.

When the laptop booted from a HP 2013 ultraslim docking the Intel graphics card is reporting error 43, which means that when the user moves the laptop out of the docking station the monitor on the laptop is blank.

I noticed today if I boot the laptop out of the docking there is no error with the graphics card (no error 43).

I have tried uninstalling both graphic cards, installing the newest drivers from HP, from intel and AMD, tried older drivers from HP but no matter what we try it still boots with error 43 in the docking.

Any suggestions for this error?

Regards

Aleksander

IT Consultant

2 REPLIES 2
Thunderchild
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this exact same problem.

Regards

Robert Eyles

alecz
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have contacted HP support regarding the issue but we haven't found a permanent solution to it yet.

A workaround is to turn off "Hybrid graphic enhanced display feature" in BIOS.

Press F10 on startup->Advanced->Device Configuration->Untick "Hybrid Graphics Enhanced Display Feature".

This will disable the AMD Graphic Card but undocking/docking will work perfectly again.

Will update when I get a permanent solution from HP.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation