Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 5 (7,709 Views)

Error: Unable to start the bluetooth stack service

HP Pavilion g7-2017us, Windows 7

After starting up I get the error message: UNABLE TO START THE BLUETOOTH STACK SERVICE.

First, I don't know what that means ... Second, I don't know how to remedy the problem.

Can anyone help please? ... THANKS!

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 5 (7,661 Views)

Re: Error: Unable to start the bluetooth stack service

[ Edited ]

Steps I would suggest are:

1. Update Bluetooth Device Driver. Steps to update the device driver:

i. Click on Start
ii. Select Control Panel
iii. Select System and maintenance
iv. Click Device Manager (If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.)
v. In the Device manager locate the Blue tooth device
vi. Click the Driver tab, and then select Update driver

If its still not fixed go to step 2

2. Uninstall the Bluetooth device, restart the computer and install the latest drivers.

Link for reference: Update a driver

Broadcom bluetooth Drivers for windows 7 64-bit

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104112-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Intel Wireless Drivers for windows 64-bit

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104707-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (6,895 Views)

SIMPLY DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS: DOWNLOAD THE BROADCOM 2070 BLUETOOTH DRIVER FROM THE MANUFACTURES WEBSITE. START THE WIRELESS SERVICES OF UR SYSTEM AND CONNECT UR SYSTEM TO BLUETOOTH DEVICE eg. USING MOBILE SUITE. WHEN UR DEVICE GETS CONNECTED JUST INSTALL THE DOWNLOADED FILE TO PROGRAMS( X86 ) BY FIRST MAKING A NEW FOLDER eg.BROADCOMM IN THE PROGRAMS( X86 ) LET THE INSTALLATION PROCESS CONTINUE UNTILL THE BLUETOOTH IS RECONFIGURED AND THE WINDOW WILL APPEAR TO RESTART THE SYSTEM JUST CLICK YES........ THATS IT............DONE note: U DONT HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS DRIVER..... IT WORKS 100%............

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (3,778 Views)

Hi Ray, 

Suddenly (after scanning my HP Pavilion dv6-2120ew Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) with one Registry cleaner I got the same problem - Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service. Before that everything was allright.

I have checked my services - I have BTtray running but I'm missing BTstack.exe

Now it is impossible to make connection with my phone and after I go to run my notebook I get every time message like above - Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service.

Please give advice and explain what to do.

Regards,

Leckxx

Teacher
Message 5 of 5 (2,975 Views)

Hi Leckxx,

For this issue please uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from Control panel.

And download it from the HP website

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76382-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

and reinstall it 

Sorry for delay 

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation