cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Robin-54
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Error at start up (90b)

HP Recommended
notebook G-62-452SA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good afternoon

When starting the computer, the following error appears on the screen:

The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.
Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.
System Fan (90b)

My Serial No. is CNF11238DV
Product No. XF452EA#ABU

I am aware that my laptop is quite old and out of warranty but it works very well, has stacks of information on it and I like it. I probably need a new fan and I would like to change the keyboard (a few keys are very loose). Based on the information above, firstly, can I purchase a new fan and a new keyboard, secondly, is it advisable to try and repair the laptop myself, and thirdly, if not, where can I get the repairs carried out?

Thanks

Rob
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GBL84
Level 10
4,161 4,158 563 1,310
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Robin-54,

Welcome to FORUM !!

I have a few steps to help resolve your concern:

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03620929

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Robin-54
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help so far.  I don't think that there is any doubt that the fan needs replacing along with the keyboard. What I now need to establish is whether it is a job for a relatively novice technical person like myself. The laptop is quite old and it would probably be best to buy a new one which I will do in the future however, for now I need to repair what I have (Tons of data to retrieve etc.). Based on the product information below, is it possible to buy a replacement fan and keyboard? Are the items I need specific to my product and model? Where in the UK can I buy the items? If I can buy replacement parts, I will attempt to fit them myself. I'm sure there are instructions or videos available to help me. My product details are as follows:  Product Name: notebook G-62-452SA Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) My Serial No. is [Personal Information Removed] Product No. XF452EA#ABU  Thanks  Rob

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation