Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ashlions Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code 0xc0000225 but can't get past repair screen

HP Notebook - 15 - AY008NI
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have a HP Intel Celeron Notebook 15-AY008NI that I bought for which I bought today.

If I switch the laotop on it will power on, but a blue screen appears that says:

Recevry

Your PC/Device needs to be Repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code 0xc0000225

I can't get past this screen to do any kind of file repair.  I hold down the ESC key during power-on, and can get to the boot menu.  I press F11  and I end up back at the PC needs to be repaired screen.  

I can't past this screen.  It goes on a continual loop.  

Please help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 138
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

@Ashlions wrote:

Hello, 

I have a HP Intel Celeron Notebook 15-AY008NI that I bought for which I bought today.

If I switch the laotop on it will power on, but a blue screen appears that says:

Recevry

Your PC/Device needs to be Repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code 0xc0000225

I can't get past this screen to do any kind of file repair.  I hold down the ESC key during power-on, and can get to the boot menu.  I press F11  and I end up back at the PC needs to be repaired screen.  

I can't past this screen.  It goes on a continual loop.  

Please help!

Thanks

Hi,

Try booting up your computer then immediately tap away esc button then select Troubleshoot then follow the steps if you can.

Trouble Shoot -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt

-Enter the commands below then press enter. Example: Type Bootrec /scanos then press enter

CMD> bootrec /scanos
            CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd
            CMD> bootrec /fixmbr
            CMD> bootrec /fixboot

Reboot.

Regards..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Ashlions Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thank you, but it doesnt even give an option to reboot when i switch it on. Its going straight to the screen for recovery which i shown on my initial message.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 138
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ashlions wrote:

Hi thank you, but it doesnt even give an option to reboot when i switch it on. Its going straight to the screen for recovery which i shown on my initial message.

Hi,

It should give you the option to boot to the right option :) You just need the right timing :)..

Turn off your computer completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds until the computer shuts off completely.

Turn it back on IMMEDIATELY after 1 second keep on tapping ESC key until Start Menu pops open then follow the steps I provided earlier. To boot to Troubleshoot press F11.

Regards,

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation