cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Marv7
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code

Presario CQ62-210US
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My computer will not boot up. The recovery disc also do not work.  When I tried to do acomplete recovery which does not work.  I get the error code: 0xe0ef0003.

What is the error code?  Will it be possible to get the computer working?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,381 2,193
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code

Hi @Marv7,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are getting an error message while performing the system recovery on your HP notebook. Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should help to resolve the issue,

Let's try these steps here:

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset - Perform a Hard Reset 

Run a System diagnostics as well as extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 - HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista) - Click here

Depending on the test results if the all the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery.

Did you make the HP recovery discs when you got the PC? If you haven't created You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation