Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (538 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error when re installing windows XP sp 3 on HP mini 110

HP Mini 110

1/160 10.1 Intel Atom

Windows XP sp3

I was trying to re install Windows Xp which I received from HP.  I recently purchased the computer from a rent a center.  There were no network drivers.  I trying to back to PC up to a earlier time to see if there were drivers then.  I ended up with a password protected sign in which I had no idea what the password was.

I called HP and they sent me 3 disks.  One with the operating system and two others.  Application and Driver Recovery DVD and Application Recovery DVD, Microsoft Works 9.0.

I deleted the partition the with the copy of windows and then reformatted the drive.  I re installed windows XP.  After it was done I proceeded to switch disks and install the applications.  The disks were not showing up on the PC.   I got a message there was nothing in the drive.  It also kept popping up messages that it found new hardware,  several different hardware types showed. None of the drivers could be found and I would get the messaged that the device isn't going to work properly.  I went to device manager and removed all the conflict. 

I tried to connect it to the internet several different ways with no luck.   I trying connecting directly to the modem.  I also tried and usb wireless g device.  Nothing was working.

I decided to try and repair the installation.  Maybe I had missed something and pulled the disk out to early.

I picked R for repair and was asked which copy I wanted to repair.  I didn't know what they were talking about.  I tried several different commands and was asked the administrator password.  Nothing I entered was right.  After 3 times I got a message that I was locked out.

I decided to go ahead and do a complete re install.  I rebooted and picked to start all over.  The installation started and got to 39 mins left and a error message popped up saying:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdaps.dll because of the following error.

LoadLibrary returned error 999 (3e7)

Setup had problems registering the following OLE control DDL

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\sqloledb.dll

Contact your system administrator, who may provide assistance in diagnosing this problem.

I restarted the system and it goes back to trying to reinstall windows and keeps getting to a certain point and the message pops up again.  I am stuck and have no idea what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.   

Tamara

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Error when re installing windows XP sp 3 on HP mini 110

You have to boot from disk 1 again.

View solution in context
Dean
Message 2 of 4 (533 Views)

Start Windows setup all over from the beginning, when you get to the part where it shows all the partitions post back with what shows in the list.

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (513 Views)

It doesn't go to that screen anymore.  It starts where its installing windows with 39 minutes left before finalizing the install.  When it gets to the error it stops.  When you close the error, the computer automatically reboots and goes back to the same spot.  I would guess it  acts like its installing for about a minute before the error comes up.

I tried to get into the bios, when it boots up xp shows up for a minute with the 2 options.  f9 to boot from the disk or f8 to enter the bios.  I can't get into the bios.  For some reason its asking for an administrator password.  I have no idea what that is.  There wasn't a problem the first time I rebooted from the restore disk.  I went through the install with no problems.  

I couldn't get any drivers and the disk wouldn't run.  It kept popping up the window that it found new hardware and and asking where I wanted to get the drivers from.  It would have been nice if I could have connected to the internet.  I tried several different ways to get on the internet.  One of the drivers it needed was the network.  

I have done this a few times and never run into anything like this.  Is there something I can put on a disk from the internet that would run and fix this?

Thanks for the help.

I hope I answered your questions.

Tamara

Dean
Message 4 of 4 (508 Views)

You have to boot from disk 1 again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation