Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kolya Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

European AC adapter cable

Hi, I've just bought an ENVY Notebook 15-as002na from HP's UK website. And, I need a European plug on the end of the 45 W AC power adapter. Problem is, the cable is proprietary HP, it has a right-angled 3-holed plug on the end that slots into the adapter, it completes one corner of this small square adapter. I've spoken and written to HP UK customer service and the spare parts team and they've forwarded me to http://uk.eetgroup.com/. All to no avail. Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks, Kolya
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Koyla,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Need a converter for Notebook charger plug. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I suggest you refer to the picture from the link below and you can order it online from or from any local computer shop.

http://hp.care/2eSeMbe

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Kolya Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Resolv_S, Thanks for the reply, however, a converter plug is precisely the solution I'm trying to avoid (also, FYI, that is a US to UK plug, I need UK to European). No, what I want is an original HP replacement lead, as if I had bought the laptop in continental Europe. The part number for the UK lead is W2Z66AV, according to the HP guy on their help desk, but he didn't know the part number for the European equivalent. Here is a photo of the UK lead, including the AC adapter it plugs into: https://postimg.org/image/uq06pe7a3/ I just need the European version. Thanks, Kolya
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Koyla,

I thank you for the reply.

You may find a replacement adaptors on HP UK shopping website that you may use on the PC.

Use the shopping link below and check if that helps you find a replacement.

http://hp.care/2eWizV1

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Kolya Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Resolv_S,

I feel like I am going in circles here. I already said that I can't find the part on the UK HP website, and that HP even sent me to a third party website. All to no avail. That is all in my first post, which is why I came here to this forum.

Did you look at the photo I sent you a link to? As you can see, none of the AC adapters on the page you sent me are like it. On that UK website link, I can't even find the UK lead, let alone one with a European plug on the end.

I came here to get suggestions that the useless HP help desk hasn't been able or willing to provide. I can't believe that when one buys a product from China, like a phone or something, the companies there will provide you with a plug for whichever country you reside in. Yet, here we are in 2016 and a major computer manufacturer in the Western world can't do the same. How can HP provide such awful service?

Regards,

Kolya

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Koyla,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

​​​​​​​

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation