Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon 13x 360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The link to my problem is below, I thought this way would be easier rather than me retyping my entire problem. I have been trying to get help with this issue since March 10th and the support I have recieved has just made things worse. Please help me. My problem can be found under:

HP Support Forum Home > Notebooks > OS/Recovery > Unknown Battery Remaining?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=OS&message.id=478256#M478256

Thank you,

Ashley

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Try to update the bios to see if it helps.  As newer bios may have fix issues related to battery.

I am not sure if this will solve the problem but would recommend you to at least update the bios to see any improvement.

Please go to below link and find the bios for your notebook model:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

TT

HP Employee (Volunteer)

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like your Notebook is not charging the Battery, We will surely assist you with this issue

Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:

1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]

Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace

2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site

3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook 

Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board

How to improve the life of a Battery:

1. You need to let the battery drain completely before charging again

2. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life

3. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level

4. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use

5. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04700771

#HPExpertDay

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried to update the bios this morning (as seen on my reply in the other forum with my problem). There was no bios update available for me to use even though my BIOS update version/date was American Megatrends Inc. F.13, 2014-12-22 on my laptop information.

HP Recommended

See http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-Battery-Remaining/m-p/60... and let me know if that helps, please!

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

@KNRK

I uninstalled the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and completed the steps you mentioned (note that I already did this days ago as suggested and it just made my battery not work at all without being plugged in).

I ran a battery check with HP support assistant and the result is:

Unknown - Primary Battery: Unknown - HP Battery Check was unable to access the battery. Please shut down the PC and re-insert the battery and AC Adapted. If this does not correct the problem, please verify that you are using the latest version of HP Battery Check and the latest BIOS version.

I am using the latest versions. When I tried to update my BIOS this morning there were no BIOS updates available for me as I already stated. I have already tried all of this and these solutions I was given to try have just made my battery not work at all. This is frustrating.

HP Recommended

I totally agree this is real inconvenient

I do understand there is no latest version BIOS avaiable for this unit

What you can try is:

You can try installing the same version what you already have on your HP unit

By doing this I am sure you would see the positive change

Let me know how it goes

#HPExpertDay

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you @KRNK, but how do I install the same version of BIOS if there is no BIOS available for me to click on to install?

HP Recommended

Please give me the product number of your HP unit. I will look more information.

#HPExpertDay

Thanks,

KNRK

I work for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@KNRK, thank you. The product number is G6T00UA#ABL

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.