cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
smorg1966
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Extended screen

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ah000sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have my laptop connected to my tv via hdmi using my tv as an extended screen

the problem i have is when i click full screen on my tv the screen extends outside the the borders of my tv so that the page close screen, minimise,menu bar ect are off the top of the screen  at any resolution including the recomended resolutions.

i have an acer aspire with the same op system that has no problem doing that

so is there anything i can do to sort out my hp

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @smorg1966,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I came across your post about the screen resolution, and wanted to help!

If your notebook was upgraded to Windows 10, you may need to update the Graphics Driver.  But before you do any of that, try checking your TV for any settings related to Overscan or something similar.  Looking forward to your reply.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
smorg1966
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i dont think it's the op system i had the same problem with it in win 8.1 before i upgraded i was hoping the upgrade would sort it out

my acer aspire does it perfectly so it must be a hp problem

0 Kudos
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @smorg1966,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Did you check the TV settings, as mentioned in my previous post?  Let me know how it goes.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
smorg1966
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Checked my tv settings no difference

Must be the hp envy laptop because like I said I have no problem with my Acer aspire laptop

I play online games and watch moviea and tv programs on my 42" Panasonic plasma tv through my laptop so unless I can find a fix to stop full screen going outside the borders of my tv them I just wasted £500 on a new laptop

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation