cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
docircle Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External speakers questions

I have a HP computer with Vista.  Everything regarding my audio with built in speakers is right on.  However I would like to use external speakers that I already have and cannot figure how to get them to work.  Have plugged them in but only get cracking sound as I touch to the port.    

Do I need to do something with the Realteck HD Audio Manager on my lower tool bar? 

As you can tell ;I am not at all proficient with computers.  Really a novice.

Thanks for any help you can give me hooking up the external speakers.

I had the speakers hooked up to my old comuter which was also a HP  

Dee

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
980 934 45 145
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What model of Notebook do you have?

Can you please give us the Product number too, off the bottom of the notebook, or from in windows try holding down the "fn" key, while pressing the "esc" key, that may bring the info up.

Finally, where do you plug in the speakers?

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Eberhard Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a G56 HP laptop, and have connected external speakers to the headphone outlet.

I am using Windows 7, and the produt number is MB2RK-QCG3C-82R6W-9F2HH-4C6VW.

The speaker icon in the bottom right corner shows the speaker with a red X next to it.

How do I turn it on?

0 Kudos
Eberhard Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have resolved the issue, sorry for taking up your time.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation