cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FORGOT HDD PASSWORD

HP PAVILION G6

Hello,

I need a help to unlock password of my friends Hp pavilion G6 laptop. So i told that gave me the laptop i have so that

model to change the HDD to recover the photo. But the same password ask again on my laptop. what can i do? without

any loss? give me what can i do? give Me suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Adam

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FORGOT HDD PASSWORD

Hi @Adammalick1979,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy: 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I am  unsure of what the exact issue is.

Are you looking for the Windows password or a bios password?

Are you planing on  changing the hard drive or asking if that is the only way to access the drive to get the photo..

What model of HP notebook do you have.?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What operating system is on your friends computer?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the Thumbs Up Icon below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 153
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FORGOT HDD PASSWORD

@Adammalick1979 wrote:

Hello,

I need a help to unlock password of my friends Hp pavilion G6 laptop. So i told that gave me the laptop i have so that

model to change the HDD to recover the photo. But the same password ask again on my laptop. what can i do? without

any loss? give me what can i do? give Me suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Did you ask your friend about the password? That be the first thing I do.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FORGOT HDD PASSWORD

HI @Adammalick1979,

Thank you for your reply.

What is the operating system?

Does it boot to Windows and then prompt for the password?

Is there a reason you are changing the hard drive?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation