Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bmwsauber Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory Reset

17-g173ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello Everyone:

I recently bought a laptop and decided to get my friend to set it up because I was to busy to do it my self. When I got it back I found that he had installed Windows 7 instead and partitioned the hard drive. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 but now I am wondering if there is anyway to do reset it to factory defaults (with all the preloaded software and such)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 183 585
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory Reset

Since you did the free upgrade to Win 10 the computer would have been registed with Microsoft, hence just download the OS from Microsoft and the it should activate automatically.

Alternatly:

Since the computer is loaded with Win 7 which was not shipped with the computer, you need to get a Recovery Disc from HP and run Recovery.:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation