Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shipman41212 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

Probook

I'm trying g to factory  reset my HP laptop  and it not let me do it can some one tell me how to do it 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

Shipman,

Without describing your product details: model name, product number, pre installed operating system, no one can help you.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

Tap f11 as soon as you power on laptop and it'll let you enter Recovery partition in hard drive. Do a factory reset from there.

If you've upgraded OS or if your hard drive failed/recovery partition is corrupt, recovery partition won't work.

You might need to boot from recovery discs/USB to factory reset in this case (assuming you already created recovery media after first setup of this laptop).

Else, you've to order recovery USB for your model from HP in your region.

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
7972 634 2846
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

Hi @Shipman41212

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

In order to receive better and more aqurate support, would you be able to post :

Generally speaking there are 2 ways to start the recovery process :

- from inside Windows if you can boot to Windows

- from recovery environment - preboot - before starting to load Windows

Here are the general instructions >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110

Looking forward to your reply.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
536 63 118
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

Hi.

Welcome to forum Shipman41212.

Performing an HP System Recovery

Using Microsoft System Restore

Looking for Recovery Discs?

Regards.

Press the icon""to say thanks, Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Apart from participating in the forum of Hp in English and Portuguese, I am one of the main authors of solutions in the forum in Spanish.

If you want to thank and if it has been useful press the "Like" icon, if the problem has been solved you can press "Accept as a solution", likewise someone else who has the same question or problem can use this solution .

Return to the forum if you have more questions or problems.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation