Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DomRamJam Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

Pavilion 22 all in one a113w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, a week ago I purchased this computer. Everything has been fine and my friend insisted since it's used, do a reset and clean everything. I started the reset  yesterday between 2-3:00 pm. It's been nearly 24 hours and it says "resetting this PC 1%." I don't know what to do? Any help would be extremely appreciated. The warranty ran out on Feb. 6th as well.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Nitesh1107 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

Its probably stuck at the 1%, turn the computer off and reintiate the reset process. You can also perform a factory reset from the system recovery mode in the start-up menu. Turn the unit on and immediately start tapping F11 to get to the system recovery page - choose troubleshoot - go on to recovery manger - from there choose the reset to factory settings under HELP. 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14059 1328 3149
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Factory reset

@DomRamJam

If you've only had this a week and the one-year warranty is already expired, then clearly, you purchased a USED PC, and this those, there is no knowing what problems you "inherited" from the previous owner.

Since the built-in Reset did not work, you will need something known as HP Recover Media.

You should be able to order it from HP using this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Once you have the media, read through this: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation