cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SKycoach
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Fan Issue Omen Pro 15 Workstation

HP Recommended
Omen Pro 15 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Am new to HP, and I wanted some advice about my OMEN Pro notebook, which I bought last week in NL. Though, of course, I realize that it's a discontinued line, first sold in 2015, it's still a lovely machine. I do have a major issue with it, however: the fan on the left hand side is running constantly, even when the machine is at idle, or I'm browsing the web, or writing an email; and it runs at high speed irrespective of the power settings, whether it is on battery or mains, and espite the fact that I havetried to disable the fans in the BIOS, which I updated as soon as I received the machine, and via the OMEN keyboard control app.

WHat's going on? I realsie that it's a powerful machine, and produces a lot of heat; and I have no problem with the fans on if I'm doing graphics intensive work. But surely, the fan should power down when I'm not.

Any ideas?

David

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 4,501 384 1,084
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SKycoach wrote:

Hello,

Am new to HP, and I wanted some advice about my OMEN Pro notebook, which I bought last week in NL. Though, of course, I realize that it's a discontinued line, first sold in 2015, it's still a lovely machine. I do have a major issue with it, however: the fan on the left hand side is running constantly, even when the machine is at idle, or I'm browsing the web, or writing an email; and it runs at high speed irrespective of the power settings, whether it is on battery or mains, and espite the fact that I havetried to disable the fans in the BIOS, which I updated as soon as I received the machine, and via the OMEN keyboard control app.

WHat's going on? I realsie that it's a powerful machine, and produces a lot of heat; and I have no problem with the fans on if I'm doing graphics intensive work. But surely, the fan should power down when I'm not.

Any ideas?

David

If the system has the fan running constantly it's because the internal temperatures are too high.  Trying to disable or lower the system fan by any means will mean that your notebook will be degraded further by higher temperatures.  

You can try the best practices for keeping your notebook cool: Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating and if that doesn't work you'll need to try something futher, such as using an external cooling fan or disassembling the notebook and cleaning it out and applying new thermal paste/pad.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation