cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
jaylveck Tutor
Tutor
10 6 0 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan and Hinge Repair or Replacement

Pavilion Dv7-7073ca
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
So my computer won't turn on now thanks to the infamous faulty hinge design which ended up breaking the plastic on the left side and one of the little bolts ended up causing the complete malfunction of the fan.

The last message I got was that the computer had to shut down because due to the fact that the fan no longer worked.

So now my question is, where can I get this fixed? How much does HP charge? It is out of warranty but still this shouldn't have happened, they should at least repair my computer for low cost. It really is a great computer but how much to get this fixed? Who can fix this fan and get it running again?

I tried and can't get all the pieces taken apart at the keyboard. I need to replace the fan and maybe some of the other plastic pieces though I heard HP way overcharges. I would rather fix this excellent computer than have to buy a new one.

Also where can someone find used parts for these dv7's?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16063 16007 1490 3561
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan and Hinge Repair or Replacement

jaylveck

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to provide any repair estimates.

For those, you will need to contact an HP Service Center to see if they will provide an estimate.

Here is information on the Service Centers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation