cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
27 20 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan spinning so slowly

HP Pavilion G6-2311ee
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello, I CPU fan is spinning so so so slowly that the temperature reaches 65C without running anything and over 85C when I start playing games, which leads to make the game start lagging and impossible to play with.

Few days ago it was working perfectly, but when I woke up the next day the problem started, have absolutely no idea why, first it started to spin slowly, then I started to get error 90B, so I had to disassemble the parts, clean it, then it started to work perfectly again but only for few minutes and the slow spinning came back again.

The problem is, I live in Turkey-Ankara, can't speak Turkish, last time I went to a service center here, the man wanted to take more than 20$ over the price we dealt, so I can't really trust them.

So, I'm wondering if there's a way to fix it by my own (I have some experience) and if I have to replace it, is it OK to replace it with (Hp Pavilion G6-2005ST) ? 'cause I couldn't find similer one to mine. 

And do I have to replace the whole fan with it's attachements? like this: Fan with parts

Or only the fan:
Fan

Your help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan spinning so slowly

Buy just Fan , your heatsink is fine

Highlighted
Level 2
27 20 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan spinning so slowly

What about the model number if I may ask, is it OK to use one for HP Pavilion G6 but another model? not 2311ee?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan spinning so slowly

There should be sticker which says ''replace with hp spare'' or smth like that.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation