cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty Hard Drive

15-ac114na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm running out of options.

I'm very lost as to how to contact hp support about my issue. I went through the support page and searched my product and got to the 'Contact Options' page. However there was no contact options available to me just a confirmation that my product is still under warranty until it's expiration date.

I opened a support case in a commercial product section (I thought it was a personal product section for some reason) and got an email back saying to ring customer support.

I rang the customer support number and followed through to the correct line which said that I need to open a customer support ticket before calling. I'm not sure where to go from here.

I was using my laptop with a few programs open. Disk was at 100% when windows crashed. No error message opened but windows Explorer, start menu and taskbar were all unresponsive. I restarted and the laptop was unable to boot windows. I could reach the login/lockscreen but once I entered my password it was stuck at a login loop.

I booted into safe mode to attempt to uninstall recently installed programs to see if that would fix the issue. It would boot into the desktop however, Windows Explorer was again unresponsive. I tried window+r to reach msconfig to configure a clean startup but that failed to load. Task manager failed to open as well as the start menu.

I tried restarting a few times as well as removing the battery to drain the capacitors of electricity before booting up. Same issues.

I then ran component tests all of which passed except for the Hard Drive short/long DST check which failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,980 41,238 4,501 11,740
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty Hard Drive

I will ask a Moderator to escalate your issue. A failed hard disk is covered under warranty. You may be asked to provide the hardawre fail code that the test gave you.

I hope you have your recovery media available.

You will need the recovery media  to recover the notebook to its factory delivered state.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
Highlighted
20,071 15,406 313 1,176
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty Hard Drive

@J_Chew

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation