cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
finneyne
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Finding Product No serial No etc

Can someone tell me the Product No; Serial No etc from the number below - I have a hard drive fauliure and need to check the warranty

The info on the HP website is worthless the label doesn't match any shown

584037-001

X16-96O72

00196-112-504-168

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Ptysiol
Level 4
124 124 4 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

m8,

first of all - DELETE UR WINDOWS PRODUCT KEY FROM HERE or U want it to be stolen by someone.

second: on every HP laptop is label with product and serial number. Look bottom side ob notebook or under battery in battery bay.

it should be written as S/N:, or SERIAL:, or (S):

Also U ca go to bios, - File - System information and there will be laptop serial and product number also displayed

plus

on notebook box are too those numbers written aswell.

regards:)

_____________ _ _ _
click on Kudos if i helped U 😄
0 Kudos
finneyne
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks  - it was in battery bay.

Crap HP website info.

0 Kudos
Redpathj
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi I have a  QWERTZUIOPÜ   584037-001:  FH8TC-BYG22-J8DFC-2QCK-RFPMX  :  PREM OA  X16-96072 :   00196-136-793-394

This is the worst Lap top I have ever bought! It took ages to find the email sign (altgr and q) is @. Okay, I was informed it was a Swiss key board the @ sign should be on the second row down under F2  I can see it but I can not use it.  I have spent hours trying to find the combination for this with no luck. I hate it  "2@  is all on one key. Please can any living mortal help me unravel this mystery of three symbols on one key and how to use the pound sign? This is still evading  my limited brain and a few other brains may I add.

I have given you all the information of the serial numbers, it is definately not hot and if it was I would shed no tears. It has a nasty habit of of crash dumping with windows 7. It has put me off buying another HP product.

I can not get a plus sign either!!!111 that is it  my plus. This is  '''''''#####  my pound Great! 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation