Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 16 (54,881 Views)

Fingerprint reader driver software

I had to replace my hardrive and now I want the fingerprint read to work again.  I tried to download the software for the Pavilion dv7 4165dx from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-86668-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...   but the file I get either won't install properly because it says that it is a corrupted file, or because it says I have the wrong processor type to run it.  I am running 32-bt Windows 7.

Dean
Message 2 of 16 (54,859 Views)

Re: Fingerprint reader driver software

Please try installing it from the following weblink:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51798.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
Message 3 of 16 (54,856 Views)

When I donwload and run this, it says that the file has been corrupted and can't be executed and that I need to obtain a new copy once I get passed agreeing to the licensing.  What is really odd is that despite this file supposedly being 22 Meg, it takes only a second to dowload.  Based on my conection speed, it should probably take 10 minutes or so.  I have deleted all copies of this from my download folder and even from the recycle bin, so I don't know where else it would be coming from except your site.  I have repeated this process a few times.  (By the way, I think I may have posted a link to the wrong place in my first post.)

Dean
Message 4 of 16 (54,854 Views)

I have just downloaded it successfully and launch the installation from the same link. Try using any other browser...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
Message 5 of 16 (54,846 Views)

Error.png

Well, I switched from Google Crome to IE and was able redownload the file (it took several minutes this time), but I still get the error message above after I agree to the terms of the software provider.  Oh well...maybe it wasn't meant to be!  :-(

Honor Student
Message 6 of 16 (52,353 Views)

I get the same error. any new links posted?

majikwiz

Honor Student
Message 7 of 16 (50,212 Views)

Download of the file went ok, but as stated before, the *extracted* file is corrupt !

So the compressed file was already corrupt.

Honor Student
Message 8 of 16 (50,208 Views)

Can You please check the file on the ftp since, when installing, we get corruption error.

Student
Message 9 of 16 (49,899 Views)

Honor Student
Message 10 of 16 (46,885 Views)

MikeCabe wrote:

I had to replace my hardrive and now I want the fingerprint read to work again.  I tried to download the software for the Pavilion dv7 4165dx from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-86668-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...   but the file I get either won't install properly because it says that it is a corrupted file, or because it says I have the wrong processor type to run it.  I am running 32-bt Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation