Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ojo1998 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint reader not working

Elitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My fingerprint reader doesnt seem to be working, i have tried installing the latest drivers viz. validity sensor driver 4.5.133.0 and also hp client support. But still neither is it showing in the device manager nor is there any lead. Please help

Thanking in anticipation

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Provost Provost
Provost
21452 21271 1811 6809
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ojo1998

The Operating System has been migrated past the supported version (no HP Driver Support for Windows 10 is listed).

Try one of the following, starting with the first one in the list:

• Devices:

USB\VID_138A&PID_003F="Validity Fingerprint Sensor"

USB\VID_138A&PID_003D="Validity Fingerprint Sensor"

sp72896 Synaptics WBF Fingerprint V4.5.315.0A  W7-W10/32-64bit

Includes W10 IoT 32/64bit > Windows 10 IoT Core is a version of Windows 10 that is optimized for smaller devices with or without a display

OR...

• Devices:

USB\VID_138A&PID_003f="Validity Fingerprint Sensor"

USB\VID_138A&PID_003d="Validity Fingerprint Reader"

sp77398_Synaptics_V4.5.335.0_W7-W10.exe

Includes W10 IoT 32/64bit > Windows 10 IoT Core is a version of Windows 10 that is optimized for smaller devices with or without a display

The following Client Security may work:

• Driver Business Notebooks as listed in  sp74101.cva and as listed: sp74933.cva
  • Enhancements: This version of HP Client Security Manager is no longer blocked by the Windows 10 upgrade (migration) process. After this package is installed, the system can be upgraded / migrated to Windows 10 without uninstalling HP Client Security Manager before running the Windows 10 upgrade.

sp74933 Client Security Mgr V8.3.18.2044A W7-10 32/64bit

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Ojo1998 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok,

Here's what I did, I uninstalled the previous driver. did a hard reset. installed the driver you specified sp72896. did a herd reset again, Yet no change.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21452 21271 1811 6809
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ojo1998

That is unfortunate; if you like, try the newer driver.

If I have anything else to offer, I will post back.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Ojo1998 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir,

A few months back an IC of my laptop blew up, I gave it for repair, and he had to dismantle the entire thing. I think it could be because of that cause before that everything was fine and good. 

Do you think that could be a reason

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21452 21271 1811 6809
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ojo1998

@Ojo1998 wrote:

Sir,

A few months back an IC of my laptop blew up, I gave it for repair, and he had to dismantle the entire thing. I think it could be because of that cause before that everything was fine and good. 

Do you think that could be a reason

I don't know the answer to that.

If you believe the notebook is not working as expected due to the reassembly, ask the Repair house that repaired the computer to take a look and ensure that the components are in working order.

If the reassembly (hardware rebuild) is not causing the problem, the culprit might be one or more of the following:

• Windows 10 Updates that have interfered with the software
  • Missing, broken, corrupted Library file (programs on which other programs depend)
  • Lack of HP Drivers for the current Operating System  -- HP Drivers are programs that add stability and enhance Operating System performance
  • Tiny error in the File System -- any dependent file / instruction that is missing, mis-linked, corrupted
  • Misconfiguration -- any error in setup (missed steps, errors in "order of events", incorrect procedure)
  • Outdated BIOS -- falls under the lack of HP Drivers
  • Misconfigured date / time setup
  • "Something else" ??

In General:

• Delete existing Biometric driver in Device Manager >
  • Reboot computer and log in >
  • Install Validity / Synaptics fingerprint Driver >
  • Reboot computer and log in >
  • Enable the fingerprint device >
  • Set up Windows fingerprint logon

Windows key >  Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > PIN number >> PIN assignment is mandatory

The procedure:

Add or Remove Fingerprint logon - Windows 10

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

The Year of the Fire Rooster 2017

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Ojo1998 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou Sir,

It was his fault he had the plug taken out.

Fixed

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation