cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Dekandev Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint reader only works spasmodically.

Envy 17-N152NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At Startup, the fingerprint reader illuminates.

Very occasionally, one pass opens the Windows screen.

Usually, it takes more passes and after 2 or 3 I normally give up and use the passcode entry.

I've made sure reader and my finger are clean but this makes little difference.

Any advise would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14802 13855 747 1763
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint reader only works spasmodically.

Hi @Dekandev

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I saw your post on how your fingerprint reader only works occasionally. With your HP Envy 17-N152NA Notebook. I am happy to help you with this issue! 

The fingerprint function stops working after a system reset has been performed on the computer.

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps to clear the fingerprint database.

1. Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase folder.

2. Open the folder.

3. Delete all files in this folder.

4. Close Windows Explorer.

5. Restart the computer.

The fingerprint function is restored.

NOTE: Fingerprints must be re-enrolled after deleting the contents in the WinBioDatabase folder.

Source: Fingerprint Function Stops Working After System Reset is Performed.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation