cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Flickering screen after Locking

HP Recommended

I have Pavilion - dv6-2163tx. My system is suddenly developed a snag- sometimes when I lock computer and keeps it unattended for few hour , after a while when I try to login, screen starts to flicker and it gets hard to even type words. Please suggest is it a software or hardware issue.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
2,317 2,315 176 723
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To Identify that, leave the system in BIOS and see if it happens there as well...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Please let me know how to run it in BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
2,317 2,315 176 723
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As soon as you power up the notebook. Tap the ESC Key. That will take you to Startup Menu...now press the F10 Key, that will take you into the BIOS...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. I have checked but under BIOS it don't, just whenever it is locked and left unattended screen flickers and that too just login. Otherwise once  I get into system, everything remains normal. Please suggest what can be issue.

Regards,

Rajeev

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
2,317 2,315 176 723
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the thing I forgot to mention, checking if the notebook freeze in BIOS as well...but just from current information...I think we have issue with the OS...Would you be open for reinstalling the OS back or taking the system back to factory settings and check if you still have the issue after that...

One other thing, can you post a screen shot on Reliability Monitor?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for late reply. can you accept .3gp files and suggest me where to post of the screen?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation