Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion dv7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Forgot administrator password on dv7 with windows vista
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @clotty100ml

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.

Is this related to your Windows account password

or the BIOS start-up password ?

* If related to Windows account password, please check this HP article >> http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=cantsignintowindows.net&section=ccweb&sfs=tdoc&lc=en

* If related to BIOS/startup password before Windows loads

In this case, please enter some password (wrong password) 3 times, press ENTER and you should receive a new window stating system disabled and a code similar to this one  :

Please, take note of the system disabled/halted code - write it down and post it back here in the forum.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Halt code 54002919
HP Recommended

Please, try to enter this >>  41960339

as a response code.

This should let you enter BIOS, start your PC, unlock your BIOS and/or reset security settings.

Let me know if this works for you

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
I'm on the same thing and I still can't get no help my notebook is stream
HP Recommended

Dear @Madvirgo

HP Stream does not produce codes in the same way as the model mentioned above in this particular thread. HP Stream codes start with the letter i.

For any code that starts with i , you will have to contact HP Support team for assistance in removing the password. This cannot be fixed here in the forum.

>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Depending on the case, the motherboard might need to be replaced or the BIOS might need to be reflushed. And under certain curcumstances, this may not be covered by the PC warranty. But please, check with HP first via call. If in the USA, call 1-800-474-6836

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Halt Code: 85262513

HP Recommended

@TyD1FURD3N

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.