cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Forgot my Admin Password, no Factory Reset Disk

HP Recommended
HP 15-g029WM Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So I forgot my local admin password, and I need that password to be able to do literally anyting on here (I'm now regretting that decision) I bought the laptop on craigslist previously and it was practically brand new so I dont have the windows 8.1 factory recovery disc, and its way to expensive for me to just go and buy since they are close to if not over $100.00! I have literally tried everything! And I'm starting online school this monday and I have to download Microsoft Office but I cant do that because I dont have my local admin password. Can someone please help me!!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 8
1,064 1,058 144 301
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you refering to windows login/admin password visit site below & make a boot cd or usb stick to remove the windows account password.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

If you refering to password at power on (bios password) this can be reset by entering a wrong password 3 times until you see a error/halt code, jot this down & visit link below to generate a working password .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26983620/Java_Bios/biosunlock.html

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation