cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Misieliz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Forgot my password

HP Recommended
J3R67EA#BH5
Microsoft Windows XP
I forgot my system password. It requires removable media for password recovery and I don't have that.

What do I do?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 952
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Misieliz

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to login on your computer and you are being prompted for the password recovery media.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

However, for me to be able to assist you, I would require more information. 

Are you using a local account or a connected account on your computer?

What is the operating system installed on your computer?

May I know the model of your computer?

Password recovery media is an option where customers can create to login on the computer after setting up a password on the computer. 

If you have not created a password recovery kit please refer to the below articles based on the operating system on your computer.

HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 7)

HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 😎

HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation