cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Forgotten bios administrator password

HP Recommended

Hi,

at first: my english isn´t the best...

O.k.: I really need help. To change my wlan / lan options and boot options I need to configurate my bios. The laptop is an older one - Probook 4710s, nx602ear#abd - the bios administrator password is needed, but the one thought it would be the right doesn´t work. Well, I forgot the password.

Flashing the bios or programs to reset the password didin´t work. The German HP-Forum told me that it would be possible to get some informations in this forum, because of my BUISINESS-Notebook.

There is no more garantee or stuff like this.

I´ve read about a possibility with a new smc.bin file (I do not know what this mean...)???

If needed I have an UUID and a s/n.

Greetings

Pritzel2014

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We need to check the Follwoing things and check if the bios password can be reset .

i would suggest you to Contact HP support and Provide the unit Serial number and they will ask you for UUID this can be provided by Tapping F1 key on the keyboard During Power ON you will find it .

you Can Either Call the Suppport Line or other options will be you can chat with the Supporting Country techncian online and they will be able to help you :

http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/customer/HPInstantsupport.aspx.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation