Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (847 Views)
Accepted Solution

Formatting Windows 10

Product Name: ENVY dv7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Salve

Ho un PC con sistema operativo Windows 8.1. Ho intenzione di installare Windows 10.

Poichè effettuo periodicamente delle formattazioni per la manutenzione del mio computer, volevo sapere se dopo l'installazione di Windows 10, se formatto dovrò ANCHE reinstallare Windows 10 e se questo resterà sempre gratuito una volta scaricato la prima volta. Oppure se, una volta installato Windows 10, esso verrà automaticamente registrato nella partizione di recupero e quindi ogni volta che effettuerò un ripristino mi verrà automaticamente installato Windows 10.

Grazie

Hello

I've got a PC with Windows 8.1 operating system. I want to install Windows 10.

I usually format my computer and i would like to know if after installing Windows 10, if i'll format, i'll have to REINSTALL Windows 10 too and if this one will remain free for me. Or if, once installed Windows 10 it will be permanently written in the recovery partition of my PC so that it will be available automatically every time i format.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Formatting Windows 10

Hi @Winged_Cat,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook and concerns if you need to reformat your Notebook after or later on. Yes. Once you've upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won't need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You'll also be able to create your own installation media, like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you've upgraded.

Taken from Microsoft pages click here to view the reinstall options.

I hope this helps you understand the Upgrade.

Thanks.

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (808 Views)

Re: Formatting Windows 10

Hi @Winged_Cat,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook and concerns if you need to reformat your Notebook after or later on. Yes. Once you've upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won't need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You'll also be able to create your own installation media, like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you've upgraded.

Taken from Microsoft pages click here to view the reinstall options.

I hope this helps you understand the Upgrade.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation