cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Diliptolichukka Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Formatting notebook without loosing original OS

Pavilion Notebook 15t-ab200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My notebook is responding slowly to all tasks and automatically observing pop-ups. I would like to format my notebook without loosing original OS and data saved on disk. Could you please advise 

me in this regard at the earliest?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
8698 8553 699 3124
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Formatting notebook without loosing original OS

Hello @Diliptolichukka

Welcome !  Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

There are 2 ways to go on now with your issue:

1. if these pop-ups are unwanted and seem like virus/malware issue (and probably the slow down is also related to this) - I can provide you advice on resolving this without formatting. There is no 100% guarantee for success but we can try if you want to.

or

2. Format/Reimage as per your idea (initial wish).

Every HP computer that comes with Windows preinstalled including your Pavilion has a recovery partition that can be used to restore your PC to factory default condition. Your PC can boot from it, run the recovery procedure and format the other. Eventually, restore your PC from initial image to factory condition the way it was when you first bought it.

If you choose step 2, you can read about it here:

Product manual >> http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03939658  - page 105

or

this article >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Make sure you copy/back up your most important files one external drive before the procedure starts.

Hope this works for you. Let me know which option you choose... and if you choose (2), do not hesitate to post again if you face difficulties. 🙂

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation